Whether you are interested in brightening your overall smile or are concerned about a specific tooth, schedule an examination with Dr. Gross to learn what options would be most effective and healthiest for you.
Because there are various causes for tooth discoloration, there are various methods for treatment. Some common causes of discoloration and darkening of teeth are:
- Eating and drinking foods and beverages that stain teeth
- Some medications
- Injury to a tooth
- Dark fillings
Once the underlying cause for the discoloration is determined, Dr. Gross can discuss the benefits of the options available to achieve a sparkling smile.
Whitening Options available to our patients include:
- In-office whitening using the ZOOM® system, which can give you whiter and brighter teeth in about an hour.
- At-home whitening options, such as:
- Opalescence®, which is a gradual treatment that usually takes 1-2 weeks and uses trays custom made by Dr. Gross for your individual and unique teeth.
- Sheer White!, which gives you the comfort of knowing Dr. Gross is caring for your teeth while simultaneously allowing you the convenience to whiten while living life normally.
- A combination of both, which will give you a jump-start in the office and allow you to continue the process at home.
Some staining and discoloration will only respond to replacement of the existing restorations or covering the tooth with artistically designed veneers or crowns.
Whether you choose in-office whitening or home whitening, your treatment will be customized for you and monitored throughout the process for maximum comfort and results.